St. Anthony-New Brighton families,
The purpose of this communication is to alert families to staffing shortages impacting our district and K-12 education across the country. The COVID-19 pandemic and limits in workforce capacity have created a perfect storm for labor shortages.
Two areas hit particularly hard are transportation and paraprofessional support.
SANB will face significant transportation issues as we start this school year. We are asking our families for their patience and understanding as we enter the school year. Our contracted transportation provider is doing everything possible to secure additional drivers. We hope for uninterrupted service at SANB. Unfortunately, we must also be prepared for the reality of unplanned late or missing buses. This concern includes our regular transportation routes to-and-from school, contracted special education transportation service, and our after-school programming. We do not take this situation lightly and understand the gravity of this communication.
SANB is facing significant paraprofessional staffing shortages. As a district, we recognize the importance of our support staff in helping some of our students navigate and access learning throughout their day. We want to ensure all of our students can participate and engage in school.
How can you help?
There are a number of ways our families can help as we navigate staffing shortages and transportation issues this fall:
- Verify your child gets on/off the bus each day.
- If possible, drive your kids to school.
- Encourage walking if practical.
- Consider neighborhood car pools.
- Become a bus driver for our district.
- Apply to become a paraprofessional in one of our schools.
- If you are experiencing a transportation problem, please contact 612-706-1117 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Education transportation concerns should be directed to April Hindi at 612-706-1018 or via email at email@example.com.
Your patience and understanding is appreciated as we navigate this tenuous staffing situation.
Dr. Troy Urdahl
Director of Athletics, Activities, Facilities & Transportation
Director of Student Services